Ross McSwan provides services to workplaces to enable them to manage conflict:
- at the earliest opportunity;
- in the most informal manner; and
- by the most appropriate people.
Ross McSwan is committed to building a supportive culture in workplaces through training and ensuring that disputes are properly managed to allow for change and growth.
Enable. Assist. Encourage.
Our aim is to:
- enable workplaces to provide harassment, bullying and abuse free environments;
- assist managers to properly manage challenging workplace behaviours; and
- encourage employees to manage their own conflict more effectively without involving others unnecessarily.
Following a number of years in a successful general law practice Ross chose to specialise in dispute resolution. He holds a current practising certificate as a solicitor and has over 2000 hours experience as a mediator in workplace, family law and commercial disputes.
Ross is qualified as a barrister and as a Grade 3 Arbitrator for the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators.
Ross is a Lieutenant Commander with the Royal Australian Navy Reserve (Legal Corps)
He is an experienced trainer and he has lectured in dispute resolution at James Cook University and has worked as a tutor in Business Law at the University of the Sunshine Coast. He regularly acts as a coach on mediation courses conducted by Bond University and LEADR.
Ross McSwan has worked widely within the public and private sector across Australia since 2003 conducting investigations, mediations and delivering training.
Sunshine Coast Regional Council
Department of Education, Training and Employment
Royal Australian Navy