The Family Court of Australia encourages mediation because it is an affordable and often quick option for resolving disputes, while allowing you greater control and management of the process and the outcome.
HOW DOES IT WORK
- The focus is on moving forward and finding resolution, rather than assigning blame.
- Mediation helps avoid adversarial and costly legal battles
- Mediation allows parties to retain control over the outcome
- Mediation allows for creative solutions
WHAT WE DO
An experienced family mediator is neutral and independent and helps you and your partner explore alternatives in relation to resolving financial and parenting matters; including:
- the division of assets and liabilities,
- how long term decisions about your children’s welfare will be made,
- the establishment of co-operative parenting arrangements for the future,
- attending to financial support for your children and you.